Craft-Building Series — Late Summer Grey Swan Guild Pursuits
Going Deeper into the F,G and Hs of the Craft, Art and Science of Making Sense of the World — Editions #37–44
We have climbed behind the curtain over the last year discovering not just the “what” of making sense of the world but also the “how” in our craft-building series for the Grey Swan Guild. Come join as we explore together.
On all topics, we’ll explore some:
- wide and fresh perspectives
- the topic in context of today’s and tomorrow’s worlds
- burning questions
- hindsight, insight and foresight
- top debates
- the under-observed, overlooked, or miscalculated
- best approaches and disciplines
- great examples
- some pop culture and fun thrown in for good measure
- leading resources to turn to
- a recap of what the key highlights and conclusions we arrived to
“If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good.” — Thomas J. Watson
- Event: Groupthink, Conformity and Polarization
- Date: Friday, July 29th, 2022 1pm ET/ 5pm UTC.
- Forum — Clubhouse: https://bit.ly/gsgcraft37groupthink
“Science has not yet mastered prophecy. We predict too much for the next year and yet far too little for the next 10.” — Neil Armstrong
- Event: Forecasting, Prediction and Modelling
- Date: Friday, August 5th, 2022 12pm ET/ 4pm UTC.
- Forum — LinkedIn Live: https://bit.ly/gsgcraft38forecasting
“Love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort and keep on learning.” — Carol Dweck
- Event: Growth, Development & Mindset
- Date: Friday, August 12th, 2022 1pm ET/ 5pm UTC.
- Forum- Clubhouse: https://bit.ly/gsgcraft39growth
“I engage in the use of game theory. Game theory is a branch of mathematics, and that means, sorry, that even in the study of politics, math has come into the picture. We can no longer pretend that we just speculate about politics; we need to look at this in a rigorous way.” — Bruce Bueno De Mesquita
- Event: Game Theory, Risk and Reward
- Date: Monday, August 29th, 2022 5pm ET/ 9pm UTC.
- Forum- Guildmaster Roundtable : https://bit.ly/gsgcraft40gametheory
“Hindsight is a great teacher, but it is also an unforgiving reminder of what could have or what might have been.” -Don Paul Aprile
- Event: Hindsight & Retrospection
- Date: Friday, August 19th, 2022 12pm ET/ 4pm UTC.
- Forum- LinkedIn Live: https://bit.ly/gsgcraft41hindsight
“Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Event: Hope, Faith & Courage
- Date: Friday, August 26th, 2022 1pm ET/ 5pm UTC.
- Forum- Clubhouse: https://bit.ly/gsgcraft42hope
“There are many counterintuitive and surprising ways companies can boost users’’ motivation or increase their ability by understanding heuristics — the mental shortcuts we take to make decisions and form opinions”― Ryan Hoover,
- Event: Heuristics, Probabilities and Mental Shortcuts
- Date: Monday, August 29th, 2022 7pm ET/ 11pm UTC.
- Forum- Guildmaster Roundtable : https://bit.ly/gsgcraft43heuristics
“Engulfment is a moment of hypnosis.” —Roland Barthes
- Event: Hypnosis & Suggestibility
- Date: Friday, September 2nd , 2022 12pm ET/ 4pm UTC.
- Forum-Linkedin Live : https://bit.ly/gsgcraft44hypnosis